Thales Improvement Proposals (TIPs)
TIPs are the catalyst for change within the Thales protocol. These community submitted proposals can be anything from formalizing the tokenomics of the platform to adding tradable assets to market feeds. There is no central point of decision-making within the platform; proposals are thought up, discussed and vetted by the community until they reach a state of consensus and agreement that a specific change should move forward. Only then can a TIP be submitted to the Council for consideration.
- 1.The community gives birth to an idea, shapes it, molds it, burnishes it in the fires of discussion.
- 2.Once enough support is evident, an author will use the TIP Template to craft the proposal in the correct format.
- 4.TIP Editors will reach out to the author and assist them with any edits required to make the TIP meet format and content standards.
- 5.Core Contributors will assist the TIP author with doing a feasibility study to ensure the TIP could be successful in practice.
- 6.A TIP is reviewed by the Thales Council and if the proposal is feasible, the Council will interview the author.
- 8.If successful, the Council will work with the Protocol DAO to merge the branch and officially deploy the update to the protocol.