Comment on page
Vaults are currently available using sUSD
The Thales vaults work by allowing anyone to deposit USD in a certain vault which is then utilized in cycles of 1-week trading rounds that execute specific trading strategies.
USD can be deposited by the user at any time, but it will only start getting utilized at the start of the subsequent trading round. A depositor can request a withdrawal of his share at any time, but his share will be unlocked and withdrawable only when the current trading round ends.
Depositors can choose from different strategies with detailed descriptions of parameters such as utilization rate and maximum risk. Select a vault to view the specifics of that strategy and deposit USD to participate.
Strategies vary from targeting positions with odds above or below a certain threshold, or by including positions available at a certain discount.
Vaults are defined by trading strategy as well as the following variables:
- Utilization rate
- Price lower limit and upper limit
- Max Skew impact
- Max allocation on a single market
- Minimum amount on a single trade and minimum deposit
- Max total deposit and max users in the vault (Vault Caps)
Vault will be capped initially, with increases subject to community governance.
Currently Vault Caps on Optimism
are 100 users and 100,000 sUSD total.
vaults are capped at 100 users and 50,000 USDC total.
- 1.Passive trading. There’s no need to withdraw and/or deposit for every round. If you keep your collateral inside a vault, it will automatically roll over (plus the winnings or minus the losses of the previous round) to the next round.
- 2.Vaults have lower Trading Fees (from 3% to 0.5%). Trader's benefit from TIP-105, which effectively gives more edge to Thales Vaults and their strategies, compared to a user manually executing the same trades.